I LOVE cheesecake! However, I have to admit that I am a bit intimidated by the time it takes to prepare your “conventional” cheesecake. I have also yet to figure out how to use those fancy cheesecake pans that look good in theory, but for me I am clueless with those pans. So, what a better alternative to cheesecake than a recipe that is SUPER easy, and SUPER fast!?!? Not to mention, I get to use my favorite kitchen “appliance” to make them — my NuWave Brio Air Fryer!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy for more information.
I am sure this recipe will work in other air fryer brands, but after trying a competitor, I am a 100% hands down fan of the NuWave Brio version. Ready to start enjoying these scrumptious cheesecake pockets? Well, here is what you will need and step-by-step instructions for preparing them. Have fun and Happy non-Frying!
Ingredients/Items Needed for Easy NuWave Air Fryer Cheesecake Pockets
- (1) Container 24 ounce Philadelphia Ready To Eat Cheesecake Filling
- (1) Package (approx. 20 tortillas) Small Flour Tortillas — any brand, just be sure flour and not corn
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon/Sugar for Topping
- 1/4 cup melted Butter or Margarine — I prefer the taste of Margarine but either works fine
- (1) NuWave Brio Air Fryer — or comparable, but after trying a leading competitor I find the NuWave Brio 6 qt. to be my favorite and offers more options
Preparing the Easy NuWave Air Fryer Cheesecake Pockets
- Preheat your NuWave Bio Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Warm your tortillas in the package for 30 seconds in the microwave. In all honesty, this makes the tortillas easy to fold and bend when wrapping your pockets.
- Lay one tortilla out on a flat surface and scoop about 2 tbsp of Cheesecake Filling in to the center of the tortillas.
- Fold the tortilla sides inward so that you are forming an envelope/pocket. First, by folding the left and right sides in, and then following by folding top and bottom in to overlap.
- Lay your folded pocket fold-side down in your Air Fryer basket. This will serve to keep your pockets together during the “frying” process (I find that I can fit 6 pockets comfortably in the basket in my 6 quart NuWave Brio).
- Fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Once fried, carefully remove the pockets with kitchen tongs and place on a plate.
- Brush your fried cheesecake pockets with melted butter and sprinkle/turn in your cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Finally, it is time to ENJOY your yummy cheesecake pockets (makes approx. 20 pockets)! These are great served warmed or chilled and even BETTER with a scoop of ice cream and your favorite chocolate or caramel sauce!
Aside from these cheesecake pockets being so easy to make and really tasty, one of the best parts is that the clean-up is even easier! Furthermore, the basket insert for the NuWave is dishwasher safe, and the bottom tray easily wipes clean and is ready for the next use (which I am not exaggerating when I say that is practically every day in my house).
Want to get a NuWave Brio Air Fryer for yourself or for someone who you know would love the healthy alternative to fried food? Click HERE for the 6-quart version (which is what I have, and it works perfectly for my larger family size of 7). On the contrary, if a smaller version is what you prefer, try the 3-quart version HERE.
Stay tuned for more delicious and easy air fryer recipes. Another great recipe that gives all the flavor punch without the mess is my “Easy to Make Caramel Apple Slices.” Be sure to check it out!