For the holidays, I am always looking for quick and easy recipes to add to the holiday feast. When a friend told me about this Pecan Turtle recipe, I thought it had to be too good to be true. I mean, we are talking SUPER easy to make. YES! I wanted to share this recipe with you through a mini Blog post (because frankly, there really isn’t much involved in making these Pecan Turtle Candies, but they were too good not to share. Enjoy!
What You Will Need to Make the Pecan Turtle Candies
- (2) Family Size Bags of Rolo Candy (unwrapped)
- 12 oz. bag of Snyder of Hanover SNAPS Pretzels (the little lattice square ones)
- 10 oz. bag Pecan Halves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Coarse Sea Salt
- Parchment Paper (to line Baking Sheet)
Preparing the Pecan Turtle Candies
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
- Line Parchment Paper with SNAPS pretzels. Place one unwrapped Rolo candy on top of each pretzel SNAP.
- Bake for approximately 4-5 minutes until Rolo is soft but not completely melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle Rolo with coarse Sea Salt.
- Push one half Pecan down on to the soft Rolo/Sea Salt/Pretzel combo to form the “Turtle” candy. Cool completely to allow Rolo to harden before removing from Parchment Paper.
- Repeat until all Rolos are used.
That’t it! So easy, yet such gooey goodness. The sweet chocolate and caramel Rolo is the prefect pair with the salty pretzel and pecan flavor. I prefer to chill the Pecan Turtle Candies in the refrigerator before serving. The “chill” just add more chew to the candies.
In addition to serving the Pecan Turtle Candies at my holiday dinner, I also prepared the Lemon Buttercream Filled Pizzelles (shown plated above with the candies.) You can check out that recipe as well right HERE, on the Blog.
I would love to hear your comments on how these yummy treats turned out once you try making them for yourself, and if you and your guests loved them as much as mine did. Please feel free to share your comments below.
All the Best,